We encourage collaboration and community support in nearly everything we do, even in our office space. Rather than work alone, RootSpace set up a vibrant shared office to help other people do their work better, faster, cheaper, and more collaboratively. Space is available now for individuals and small groups to rent a desk or an office within RootSpace’s office near downtown Beirut.
RootSpace's CoWorkSpace is a shared office space for individuals, small non-profit organizations, for-profit companies, or short-term projects which have a direct positive impact on some social, economic, or environmental need. If you are interested in working at RootSpace, please contact us.
We hope to make it easier for our tenants to focus on their work by providing an office that provides all the elements of a professional office, including:
• a reserved desk space, private office, or open desk arrangement ("hot-desking"), as per the individual's particular arrangements and agreement
• office equipment and services including internet, telephones and fax (domestic land calls are included; international and mobile calls are possible but not included in the basic price)
• access to reserving meeting rooms (subject to limitations and availability)
• networking opportunities to work with and share ideas, challenges, and resources with peers and both non-profit and for-profit entrepreneurs.
• benefiting from and participating in the range of programs being developed and implemented by RootSpace and the other organizations working in RootSpace.
More support for your project: TeamSupport
This is a new and developing project, and we are working to expand services and facilities, hopefully soon to include (for certain projects, or for added costs):
• technical support, especially in open source and collaboration tools
• access to business/organizational mentors and coaches
• fiscal/legal sponsorship and incubation
• seminars and workshops on a variety of topics (tech for social change, business/entrepreneurship development topics, social entrepreneurship, etc)
• fundraising guidance
• networking and social events
All organizations and projects based in or working at RootSpace must share our principles: promoting tolerance, and democratic, just, and sustainable development; commitment to participatory and inclusive social change; not affiliated with nor exclusively serving one political group or movement; and not restricting membership, leadership, or beneficiaries based on religious, political, racial, or ethnic reasons.
Groups or individuals interested in working out of RootSpace's CoWorkSpace are asked to send us an email with the following information:
• Please describe your project or work.
• What is the social need your company/work/project seeks to address?
• Who are the intended clients and beneficiaries of your project?
• Briefly, what are your plans for this project for the coming 1-2 years? Plans for growth, expansion? How long would you want to work at RootSpace?
Please contact us through this website or send an email to: beirut (at) therootspace (dot) org